Booking Rwanda Gorilla Permits 2023-2024 – All you need to know about seeing Gorillas in Rwanda – The best Gorilla trekking destination in Africa.
Booking Rwanda gorilla permits for Volcanoes National park can be done through Great Adventure safaris and just like any other gorilla permits, Rwanda gorilla permits are valid for one day. There are a number of habituated mountain gorilla families in Volcanoes National park and RDB has played a very big role in conservation by incorporating the local communities with gorilla trekking in Rwanda.
What you need to know before booking Rwanda Gorilla permits for Volcanoes NP?
When planning to go gorilla tracking in Volcanoes national park Rwanda, it’s very necessary for you to first book your gorilla permit as there are limited number of tourists visiting daily
With 80 gorilla permits are available every day and all year round for tourist to trek mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
Choose on the below options
Guide on how you can successfully get your gorilla permit to watch the Rwanda gorillas in their natural habitat.
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) – This is the governing body of tourism in Rwanda. You can get in touch with them through email or calling their offices for their details please contact us at through
Booking Rwanda Gorilla Permits through a travel agency – Booking through tour operator in Rwanda is a reliable option of obtaining a gorilla permit we at great adventure safaris can help secure the gorilla permit for you without going backs and forwards.
It’s highly advisable to book your permit earlier than your planned gorilla trekking date as permits tend to get finished early. Volcanoes national park is home to 10 mountain gorilla groups and each group can only have 1 group of 8 people visiting a day for only 1 hour. Today Rwanda is receiving so many visitors coming to tour gorillas. It’s best to book early to guarantee your interest to trek gorillas.
Booking Rwanda Gorilla permits price
- $1500 – Non Residents, East African Residents, East African Citizens, Rwandan Residents, Rwandan Citizens
- 30% Discount (US$ 1,050) on gorilla permits if visiting other Rwanda national parks (Akagera national park, Nyungwe national park) for 3 days and more during the low season of November – May
- 15% discount (US$ 1,275) on conference guests who stay pre & post MICE events to see gorillas
- $15,000 for Private gorilla trekking of an entire group with an exclusive personalized tour guide service
- US$ 30,000 for a minimum of 3 visitors for 3 consecutive days (Behind the scenes)
Mountain gorilla tracking time limit
Assembling for briefing from one of the park rangers at the Kinigi Park headquarters starts is limited to 7:00 – 7:30 at latest. Gorilla tracking time is limited from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All visitors are expected back at the camp ground by 7:00 p.m.