In Advance Rwanda gorilla safari planning – Volcanoes National Park Rwanda – Secure Gorilla permits in advance
In advance Rwanda gorilla safari planning – Many travelers wonder why they are always advised to book gorilla permits and other tourism related services way in advance.
Gorilla tracking is one of the top attractions in east Africa where you can see the endangered mountain in their natural habitat.
Volcanoes national park is the only national park in Rwanda where you can see the endangered mountain gorilla, it covers an area of 160 kms which is comprised of Tropical rain forest, bamboo Zone and heath and moorland up the top of the volcanic mountains of Muhavura, Gahinga, Sabyinyo, Karisimbi and Bisoke respectively.
Why Book Rwanda gorilla safaris in advance?.
Very Limited Number of Gorilla permits available Daily.
Rwanda’s volcanoes is a home to 11 habituated mountain families that roam through the countries lush rain forest, the 11 families are available for tracking daily with maximum of 8 tourists per family that means that there are 88 mountain gorilla permits available daily which is a very low number compared to the Global demand that is currently caused by the restricted habitat of the mountain gorillas which is only restricted to East Africa and a bit of west Africa, in east Africa the gorillas are living in Rwanda, Uganda and in west Africa they are found in Democratic republic of Congo.
In Rwanda you can trek the mountain gorillas in Volcanoes national park, in Uganda you will trek the mountain gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park, Mgahinga gorilla national park and Virunga National park in the Democratic republic of Congo.
Most lodges near volcanoes national park are small capacity lodges ranging from 7-10 rooms so booking early will give you an opportunity to get the best lodges and I so the best room location opposed to last minute booking that may be difficult to reserve best places as most of them are fully booked before the summer holidays in June-Early September.
Travelers always have to book a lot of services before travelling to Rwanda so by planning your safari earlier and in advance will ensure that all your services are booked and paid before travelling to Rwanda for ultimate Rwanda gorilla safaris.
All you need to know before booking Rwanda gorilla safaris in advance.
- Minimum of 6 months is required to secure Rwanda gorilla permits from Rwanda development Board through Great adventure safaris.
- Gorilla tracking takes place north of Rwanda in Volcanoes national park.
- Safari starts from Kigali and ends in Kigali.
- Safari package is available on Budget, mid-range and Luxury accommodation.
- Tour duration is available on tailor made meaning clients can choose how many times they want to trek the mountain gorillas and how many days they want to stay and if they want to visit other destinations like Gishwati mukura national park and the famous Nyungwe forest national park for chimpanzee tracking in Cyamudongo area.
- The high season in Rwanda is from June-Early September and from December- Late February which is also the summer holidays in Europe and other parts of the World; this will see many tourists travel to Rwanda.
Best time to visit Rwanda for Safaris.
Rwanda is open for tourism all year round but the best time to is usually the drier months from June-August and from December-February which will make the mountain gorilla tracking easier and the trails will stay clear. Great Adventure Safaris helps you on in advance Rwanda gorilla safari planning and gorilla trekking permits for Rwanda.