Lake Chahafi Resort Kisoro – Gorilla tracking in Mgahinga National park
Lake Chahafi Resort Kisoro has the stunning and beautiful views of Mountain Muhabura and Lake Chahafi in the corner of Uganda bordering Rwanda. The tranquil resort is a mid-range facility offering comfortable accommodation and magnificent views in its eight en-suite cabins.
The lodge is attractive with its lush greenery, its luxuriant flower gardens and well-maintained lawn and an amazing view of Lake Chahafi. You can choose to take a swim in the lake or sit at the swimming pier, relax and take in the beauty of Uganda, the pearl of Africa. They also offer motorized canoe rides to experience the lake.
Accommodation at the lodge
The lodge has 8 beautiful cabins with comfortable and warm beddings for the chilly nights. All the eight cabins are en-suite and have an outer wooden frame which is raised from the ground with wooden poles. This wood was sourced from the locals in the community and the cabins were built by the locals.
The cabins are made of roll up canvas netted material and boast beautiful wooden inspired designs. The lodge assures guests a great time while on their Uganda safari and in a naturally set environment. Guests get to wake up to a breathtaking sun rise with a calm and peaceful feel. The sounds of birds chirping is the icing on an already tranquil cake.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has an arrangement where they provide a lunch time menu for guests who intend to spend time relaxing at the lake.
- The showers have both cold and warm water
- The well-stocked bar at the lodge offers different kinds of beer, wine and soft drinks. Guests can relax with a glass of wine as they take in the beauty of the lodge and the surrounding environment.
- The lodge has excellent staff that is readily available to cater for the guests so as to make their stay at the lodge memorable.
- Car parking space is available at the lodge.
- Wi-Fi is available at the lodge incase guests need to keep up to date with their emails and social media.
- The lodge offers wake up calls. So the guests can let the staff know if they need an early morning wakeup call and it will be provided.
- Gorilla Tracking
- Golden monkey Tracking
- Hiking Virunga Mountains
- Walking the Batwa Trail
- Bird watching
- Canoeing on Lake Chahafi
- Sport Fishing
- Guided Nature Trails
- Swamp walk
- The culture Trail
To get to Chahafi Resort you drive from Kampala to Kisoro town. From Kisoro town drive towards Cyanika border and turn left at Muganza where you will see a green sign post for Lake Chahafi resort Kisoro and drive for 7 kilometers to the resort.