Lake Mburo Walking Safaris – Experience the bush trails that are overlooked when in a car
Lake Mburo walking safaris – The park is open to all visitors who intend to do guided nature walking safaris and is usually conducted along with an armed park ranger guide. From Rwonyo the park center, the guided walks take you to the salt lick presumably the best places for numerous wildlife. At the salt licks, wildlife/ animals parade themselves to enjoy the taste of the salty licks made of up of water and soil. Another nature walk starts from 7:00am and runs for 2 hours, this takes place at the western part of Lake Mburo, guaranteeing you encounters with the hippos coming out of the waters as well as the hyenas returning to their dens. Another exciting walk is through the forest unearthing view of the birds that the forest accommodates, further walks woodland grants you opportunities to see other mammals and hikes to the hill exposes you view of the 9 sections topped up with the 14 lakes around the park.
This is one of the best ways one can try on their tactics of how to survive in the wild on an African walking safari.
What you need before Lake Mburo walking safari adventure.
- This activity is done on foot.
- This activity is escorted by an armed park ranger.
- you will approach dangerous wildlife like the hippos and the buffalos.
- The activity is best done in the morning and in the late evening.
- Maximum of 6 people will be allocated to one armed guide.
- An advanced booking is required for this activity
- you will only encounter animals within you range of walk.
- pictures are allowed in the walking safaris.
- you need good walking shoes.
- During rainy season the park is muddy.
- You may need a vehicle to drive to prime spots for the walk.
What to pack for a walking safari in Lake Mburo national park.
- bag pack for your valuables.
- drinking water.
- sun lotion.
- insect repellent.
- Long trousers.
- good hiking boots.
- A cap or a hut.
Best time for Lake Mburo walking safari
Unless it’s raining heavily this activity can be done all year round and more conveniently early morning and late evening.
What to Expect on the walk.
Honestly speaking lots of wildlife and birds can been seen in this walking safari but the most fascinating one been the elegant giraffes that have been introduced in the park and their population is doing well.