Mgahinga gorilla tracking rules and regulations – Gorilla tracking in Mgahinga National Park
Mgahinga gorilla tracking rules and regulations – Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is famous for its Gorilla tracking activity which has attracted many travelers from many countries in world. Great Adventure Safaris organizes Gorilla tracking trips to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park to all travelers interested in visiting these endangered apes in their natural habitat. We help you book Gorilla permits in advance arrange accommodation and transportation of all travelers depending on your interests, time and budget. Mgahinga Gorilla National Park has got only one habituated Gorilla family known as Nyakagezi and this means that only eight Gorilla permits per day making it so competitive. We advise travelers interested in Gorilla tracking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park to make their booking in advance so that we don’t miss out on the availability of services.
To protect the endangered mountain gorillas in Uganda, the following rules and regulations must be observed:
- No one with a communicable disease, such as flu or diarrheas’, is allowed to visit the Gorillas.
- Do not surround the Gorillas but remain in a tight group.
- Leave a distance of at least 5m between you and the Gorillas.
- If they approach you, move back slowly.
- Flash photography is strictly forbidden.
- Do not eat or smoke within 200m of the Gorillas.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, turn away from the gorillas and cover your nose and mouth.
- Bury all human waste in a hole dug at least 30cm deep and ensure that it is properly filled in afterwards.
- All litter must be removed from the park for disposal.
- Do not spit on vegetation or soil while in the park.
- No person under 15 years is allowed to track Gorillas.
- When with the Gorillas, avoid making loud noises or sudden movements.
- Contact time with the Gorillas is strictly limited to one hour.
Please observe all instructions from a ranger guide at the briefing center before you start your Gorilla walk. Contact Great Adventure Safaris before you book a gorilla trek to know more about mgahinga gorilla tracking rules and all you need.