Uganda Safari in February – Uganda holiday in February – Gorilla & Chimpanzee trekking safaris
Uganda safari in February – Although February is still being a dry season, February begins to see a drop in numbers of tourists, and prices of some hotels and lodges and availability of services are most likely to change accordingly. As with January, February is a great time for bird watching, Gorilla tracking, boat safaris and particularly game viewing.
As Uganda moves towards the end of the dry season, vegetation will become sparse and therefore wildlife is easier to spot as they start to gather round the remaining waterholes. Uganda is good to visit in February since it is a good time to visit the Uganda national parks in the south and in the north of the country. It is particularly hot and dusty.
Kibale Forest National Park is splendid in February so you will be able to witness up to 13 species of primate in the park from vervets and Colobus monkeys to the much-loved Chimpanzees. As the trekking trails will be dry, walking shouldn’t be too strenuous therefore this is a great time for travelers of all abilities to track the Chimpanzees.
Weather in February
- There are clear skies, little rainfall, and cooler evenings
- February is part of the short dry season
- It is one of the hottest months of the year
- Great Adventure Safaris recommends bringing a jumper for chilly evenings and nights.
Highlights of visiting Uganda in February
- The number of tourists starts to drop, so prices reduce accordingly
- Dry season offers the easiest trekking conditions, so this is the perfect time for Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking
- Boat safaris are brilliant this month, as wildlife tends to congregate at the water sources
- Kibale Forest National Park comes to life in February, with 13 primate species to look out for
- It is the best time for bird watching, as thousands of migrant bird species are present in national parks
- The bush is thin with fewer leaves, which makes for excellent game viewing
- Wildlife photography opportunities abound, especially during boat trips.
Contact Great Adventure Safaris for your Uganda safari in February and get a chance to enjoy the low rates during this short dry season and the availability of all services including Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits.