Rwanda gorilla tracking Versus Uganda gorilla habituation experience – Rwanda or Uganda for gorilla trekking – Rwanda gorilla permit at $1500 and Gorilla habituation experience at $1500 but four hours
Rwanda gorilla tracking versus Uganda gorilla habituation experience – Though Rwanda has not introduced gorilla habituation experience it has 11 habituated gorilla families available for tracking.
What’s gorilla tracking in Rwanda?
Gorilla tracking is an action based activity where by the tourists, rangers, trackers and porters move together as a combined team to look for the gorillas in their natural habitat. It’s an exercise where tourists are allowed one hour of viewing before heading back to the starting point
Each of the listed personnel below has a role to do in ensuring that the tourists get to see and view the gorillas.
The rangers help in provision of safety to the tourists by ensuring that security related guide lines are adhered to.
The trackers role is to track the gorillas in their habitat by relaying their exact locations of gorillas to the intending teams that will visit them.
Porters provide extra help by carrying whatever luggage the tourists would have at hand to carry such as camera bags, food and drinks etc. they also help by providing an extra help of lifting ,pushing or pulling the clients who may find difficulty in accessing the routes in the park.
What’s gorilla habituation experience in Uganda?
Gorilla habituation is an experience carried out on gorillas that being prepared for eventual viewing by tourists after a certain period by a combined team of tourists who limited to four in total, rangers, trackers and porters. It’s an exercise that lasts for four hours every day for a period of four years in total.
Habituation involves four stages that must be followed and these
- Identifying the wild gorilla group that needs to be habituated in its habitant
- Carrying out constant treks every day for four hours in a period of four years to the gorilla group by studying their reaction patterns towards the researchers involved in the process.
- Before a gorilla group can be declared as a habituated group ready for tourist visits, there has to be a mock exercise carried out to a certain whether the whole process was worthy the effort.
- After a successful exercise of habituating the gorillas, the group is baptized with a name and hence open for tourist visits and viewing.
What is the difference between gorilla trekking in Rwanda and gorilla habituation experience in Uganda.
- Tracking gorillas in Rwanda is easy and less tiresome because they are close to the briefing point.
- Gorilla trekking in Rwanda takes one hour while habituation in Uganda takes four hours.
- with gorilla tracking in Rwanda less physical activity is required compared to Habituation process which requires a lot of physical activity leading to some clients not completing the required four hours because of exhaustion.
- clients who are into photography will take more pictures on the gorilla tracking experience due to large gorilla family gathering than those on a habituation experience because they are not all in one place or as a whole family.
- clients on a gorilla tracking trip in Rwanda have less drive time to the briefing point compared to those doing Gorilla habituation experience whose briefing point may change anytime basing on the location of the gorillas hence some drive team.
- Gorilla tracking in Rwanda allows gives clients a chance to choose which gorilla group to track unlike the habituation process involves one family.
- Rwanda has improved on its road infrastructure from the hotels of residence to the briefing point and start off points while habituation process of gorillas in Uganda involves driving on rough roads.
Rwanda gorilla tracking verses Uganda gorilla habituation experience.
Based on the above gorilla tracking in Rwanda is much more fan than gorilla habituation in Uganda, Contact Great Adventure Safaris for details about Rwanda gorilla tracking versus Uganda gorilla habituation as both permits cost USD1500 per person per trek but different experience with mountain gorillas.